It’s time for us to serve you.

Ryer - US Army

Embrace Home Loans is honored to support the men and women who serve or have served our country. We offer a host of VA loans and home financing options for military personnel and their families. VA loans are issued through approved lenders like Embrace and are guaranteed by the Federal Government through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA home loans allow you to buy or refinance a home with no down payment.

To be eligible for a VA loan, you have to be currently or formerly on active duty (181 days during peace time or 90 days during war time), a National Guard or Reserve member for at least six years, or the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability.

You’ll need a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA. At Embrace, our loan officers are experienced with the VA loan process, and they can obtain an electronic copy of your COE using a copy of your discharge papers, or DD214.

There is a one-time funding fee on VA purchase loans. This ensures that the program can continue for future generations, and this fee goes directly to the VA. The funding fee varies depending on the amount you put down, if any, and the type of veteran you are. The fee does not apply for veterans with service-related disabilities.

Getting a mortgage with us will put you at ease. You’ll work with the same knowledgeable loan officer from start to finish. Our loan officers are all experts in their field with many years of experience, and they can help you close your loan in weeks rather than months.

Embrace Home Loans is not a government agency.

Cash-out refinance

  • Tap into your home’s equity to get extra money
  • Use the cash for anything you choose, including home improvements or paying off high-interest debt
  • Available for Conventional, FHA, or VA-backed loans
Learn more about our cash-out refinance.

Frequently asked questions

How do I get a Certificate of Eligibility?

Complete a VA Form 26-1880, Request for a Certificate of Eligibility: You can apply for a Certificate of Eligibility by submitting a completed VA Form 26-1880, Request For A Certificate of Eligibility For Home Loan Benefits, to VA along with proof of military service. Embrace may also be able to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for you in some cases.
Yes, your eligibility is reusable depending on the circumstances. Normally, if you have paid off your prior VA loan and sold the property, you can have your used eligibility restored for additional use. On a one-time only basis, you may have your eligibility restored if your prior VA loan has been paid in full even if you still own the property. Also, if you still own the property associated with a prior VA loan, you may still be eligible for another VA loan. Contact an Embrace loan officer for more information. You must contact the VA Eligibility Center with the appropriate information in order to have your ability restored.
Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records, is used to apply for proof of military service regardless of whether you served on regular active duty or in the selected reserves. This request form is NOT processed by VA. Rather, Standard Form 180 is completed and mailed to the appropriate custodian of military service records. Instructions are provided on the reverse of the form to assist in determining the correct forwarding address.
It depends. If a veteran has already used a portion of his or her eligibility and the used portion cannot yet be restored, any partial remaining eligibility would be available for use. Contact Embrace to help determine whether the remaining balance would be sufficient for the loan amount requested, and whether any down payment may be required.
The children of an eligible veteran are not eligible for the home loan benefit. An unmarried surviving spouse of a veteran who died on active duty or as the result of a service-connected disability is eligible for the home loan benefit. If you wish to make an application for the home loan benefit as a surviving spouse, please reach out to us. In addition, a surviving spouse who obtained a VA home loan with the veteran prior to his or her death (regardless of the cause of death), may obtain a VA guaranteed interest rate reduction refinance loan. For more information, contact an Embrace Loan Specialist today.
"I enjoyed my experience with Embrace home loans. They were both professional and personable with me. They couldn't have been nicer or kinder!" - Patricia, VA
Social Survey
Zillow Logo
Google Rating