If you’re living in a low- or moderate-income household, you still have plenty of options when it comes to purchasing a home. For example, did you know you could be eligible for a USDA home loan? It’s designed specifically for buyers with smaller budgets who are home shopping in rural areas.
Backed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the USDA Loan Program provides trusted, approved lenders – like Embrace Home Loans – a 90% loan guarantee, so that they in turn can offer rural, lower income homebuyers “the opportunity to own adequate, modest, decent, safe, and sanitary dwellings as their primary residence.”
At Embrace, mortgages are what we do. For over 35 years, we’ve been helping folks just like you finance their home purchases with all types of loans – including USDA loans. You’ll enjoy working with the same knowledgeable loan officer from start to finish, and he or she will help you close your loan in weeks, rather than months.
We realize that getting a new loan can be daunting, and we want you to feel at home. Don’t be afraid to ask us questions, tell us exactly what you want (or don’t want), or let us know how you’re feeling during the USDA mortgage process.
USDA loans can be attractive options for some homebuyers because of benefits like:
• There’s no down payment required
• Unlike FHA loans, private mortgage insurance isn’t a requirement
• Below-market mortgage rates
• Low- and moderate-income households can qualify
• There’s no maximum loan amount
Purchasing a home with a USDA loan offers some nice benefits, but not every homebuyer will meet USDA eligibility requirements.
• Borrowers should have a credit score of 620 or above and have a minimum of two years of steady employment.
• USDA loans must be used for USDA eligible properties. Eligible properties must be characterized as “rural” – meaning not located near urban areas and having a population of 20,000 or less low- and/or middle-income residents.
• You must agree to personally occupy the house as your primary residence.
• Borrowers must be U.S. citizens, U.S. non-citizen nationals, or qualified aliens.
There are other various requirements, so be sure to call an Embrace mortgage specialist first to see if you are eligible.
Affordability is about more than how much you can borrow. Our calculator can help you with the details.DO THE MATH
If you already have a USDA home loan, you are well aware of the benefits. Did you know, however, that USDA loans are also eligible for refinancing? USDA refinance loans are available as either 15- or 30-year fixed mortgages, and you can refinance for a couple different reasons:
• You want to refinance to a lower interest rate and lower your monthly mortgage payment.
• You are hoping to fix up your home a bit and need the cash to do so.
Refinancing a USDA loan is similar to refinancing a conventional loan, but the rules and processes are not completely the same. Don’t worry – your Embrace mortgage specialist will walk you through everything.
Ready to learn more about USDA loans? Call 800-620-6292 to speak with an Embrace mortgage specialist.
“We received a brochure in the mail offering a 30 year fixed at a great rate so I called. That's when Trevor started to help us with the process. He immediately started to work on getting a VA home loan guarantee on the way. He even told us we could receive cash back from the equity of the home. My wife and I didn't quite believe it but we will tell you that Trevor and everybody involved made it seem so easy and were very professional. We are impressed and we are so thankful!"