Like it or not, social media has become a critical marketing channel for everyone. Whether you’re a multi-national corporation or an individual entrepreneur, Facebook, Twitter, and more have become an important part of any marketing strategy.
For real estate agents, creating content and meeting deadlines for posts can be a challenge. Even with automation, keeping social media fresh and engaging takes work and valuable time.
How many words is this picture worth?
What better way to capture the attention of a potential buyer than with a photo? Instagram is the social media platform best able to present your listings and build your brand.
Founded in 2010 and purchased by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion, Instagram has grown steadily from 130 million active monthly users to more than 1 billion. 500 million of those users visit the photo-sharing platform at least once a day. If you’re not using Instagram, here are a few reasons why you should.
- 37.4% of internet users access Instagram at least once each month
- 71% of users are under the age of 35
- The average user spends 53 minutes per day on Instagram
- 50% of Instagram users follow at least one brand
- 83% of users say they discover new products and services on Instagram
- 80% of users decide to buy
- Compared to Facebook, Instagram has four times the number of user interactions
With statistics like this, adding Instagram to your social media arsenal just makes sense. But what can you do on Instagram?
11 ways to market your real estate business on Instagram
- Get started by featuring new branded listing photos and three to 15-second video clips
- Use Instagram TV to create your own channel and post long-form (up to 1 hour) video
- Let your own personality shine through in the content you upload
- Edit and share your photos right on Instagram
- Post customer testimonials on Instagram using the Elfsight Instagram Testimonial widget
- Research and identify relevant hashtags using the Tailwind app and employ them in your posts
- Engage by responding to comments and following other users to build your network
- Reach prospects and share personalized posts with specific followers using Instagram Direct
- Learn from the best by following Instagram real estate influencers
- Use Instagram Stories to promote your brand
- Other post ideas to consider: branded and cobranded promotions with a lending partner or other business colleagues, coming soon or new construction, community happenings, D.I.Y. and how-tos.
The bottom line
Instagram, like other social media platforms, requires commitment and patience in order to develop an audience. But, its simple presentation and minimal copy requirements make it easy to use and fun. The beauty of selling real estate is in the magic that happens when a house becomes a home. So, get out your smartphone and start building your brand and your network — one photo at a time.